Hiring a Professional for Auto Repair Vs. DIY Auto Body Repair
Ambitious DIYers now have a plethora of resources at their fingertips. From home repairs to landscaping, DIYers are finding helpful videos and blogs to get the job done. But what if that job involves fixing your vehicle? It may be tempting to repair your own car after an accident. However, before you pull out your tools, there are a few things to consider. Here’s what you should know when hiring a professional for auto repair vs. DIY auto body repair.
The Price of DIY Auto Repair
- Replacement parts: Even if you can find cheap auto parts, you may compromise your safety and have issues down the line. Repairs should always be done using OEM-certified parts to ensure their quality.
- Tools and Equipment: Newer vehicle models have intricate technology built in and can require specialized tools and training to complete proper repairs. There are even some specialty tools that only auto repair facilities with trained technicians can obtain.
- Workspace: Many cities have ordinances in place that prohibit repairing vehicles while on the street. That means, you’ll need a designated area to work on your car. Whether you fix up your garage or rent a place to work, you should factor in workspace costs before planning DIY auto body repair.
- Damages: When repairing your vehicle yourself, there’s always a chance that those repairs won’t go the way you expected. The cost of damage to your car can add up if you don’t have an experienced professional completing repairs.
- Unpredictable Costs: When you repair your own vehicle, you risk going down the rabbit hole of spending. Professionals can provide you with a solid estimate, so you’re fully aware of the cost of repairs.
Repair Time: DIY vs. Hiring a Professional for Auto Repair
DIY collision repair may cost you valuable time. Not only will a professional have the experience to repair your vehicle in the most quick and efficient manor possible, but they will have access to auto parts that a do-it-yourselfer may not. As a do-it-yourselfer, you may find yourself making several trips to auto part stores before you find your replacement part in stock.
When you hire a professional, they have the technology, tools, and experience to provide a high-quality repair quickly. Pole Position Auto Body typically provides those repairs three days faster than the average repair facility! Hiring professionals like Pole Position Auto Body ensures you leave with a high-quality repair in less time and peace of mind about your vehicle safety.
Experienced Auto Body Repair Shop You Can Trust, Pole Position Auto Body
Pole Position Auto Body is a repair shop that Metro Detroiters have trusted for over 30 years to get them safely back on the roads. Pole Position Auto Body Shop is I-Car-Gold Class Certified. That means our technicians have regular training on the technology and techniques to repair current vehicle models.
Call Pole Position Auto Body: 586-775-4825 – Where Excellence is a Habit, Not an Act!